Sunday, July 04, 2010

A Note to Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey, it’s been awhile, I know.

Today is your birthday and something tells me it was stellar!

What did you do? Man I wish you could tell me.

My life has been an interesting one since you and I met last. Let’s see, where to begin…

1) My grandmother died shortly after you. She, like you, had a wonderful life of friends and family.

2) I continue to see the world. Went to one of your spots, Puerto Vallarta, with 9 friends and had a freakin’ blast! Met an 81 year old lady from Scotland whose dad moved the family from Scotland to Mexico when she was 3. She met her husband when she was 17 and they married when she was 18. She has a great collection of art that she and her husband have collected through their 60+ years of marriage. Don’t you just love randomly meeting those awesome people in the world?

3) Atlassian is still growing by leaps and bounds, you would be so proud!

4) I had a really good browny that liked me less than I liked it, but we grow as people, right?

5) Heading back east to wonderful Martha’s Vineyard, which you know is one of those special places in the world.

6) Off to Sydney and Amsterdam later this year. You would be thrilled with how Amsterdam is going.

7) I’m going on my first trip to Vegas and with my family. Can you believe it? I can’t either but it’s happening.

8) Britt and Mac are doing well. I would tell you all the gossip but you always knew what was happening before I did, so I will let you tell me the next time we speak.

9) Jessy, gosh, Jessy. Jessy is doing well, Jeffrey. She has amazing friends and family and we all love her dearly and she, like all of us, just miss you terribly and wish this was all a bad dream.

I wish we had more time, but I think it’s time to say good-bye for now.

For now, Jeffrey, ciao and we’ll talk again.

I love you and these tears, oh these painful tears will dry and I will smile the next time I think of you. Just not right now.

Ernie

For those of you who may not know, this is Jeffrey: http://radiowalker.wordpress.com/

No comments: