Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A True Act of Kindness

I was on the bus the other day, Saturday to be exact, and I was heading over to Union Street because a friend of mine was to be, soon, closing her store, Tate & Kennedy, to move to Boston and I wanted to say my goodbyes.

Before I got there this older woman, wonderfully dressed with a wrap around her head, got onto the bus and a younger woman stood up and offered this lovely woman her seat. Without skipping a beat the lovely, older woman handed the younger woman, who gave up her seat for her, a lovely bouquet of flowers. The younger woman smiled so wide and strong that the entire bus felt the joy in her smile and heart.

As the younger woman was getting off of the bus, she turned around and said to the older woman, "You have made my day".

No comments: